- This event has passed.
Spring with De Krans Blossom Festival
September 1 @ 08:00 - September 2 @ 17:00
Make your way to De Krans Wine Cellar in Calitzdorp for the annual Blossom Festival which takes place over the weekend of the 1st and 2nd of September. This time of the year the fruit trees, in particular the apricot and peach trees, are in full bloom and it is truly a sight to behold. The Spring blossoms traditionally indicate the start of the season for the fruit and wine industries.
Visitors to De Krans will be able to experience this beautiful sight for themselves as well as enjoy a few more exciting offerings during the weekend:
- Kickstart your Saturday with the Vineyard Fun Run. Jog or walk through the vineyards whilst admiring the beautiful orchards in full bloom. Participants can choose between a 5km or a 10km trail. A superb selection of wine prizes are up for grabs for various categories. The fun run will only take place on the 1st of September, and pre-booking is essential.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the orchards to admire the beauty of the magnificent blossoms. The perfect opportunity to capture the splendour of Spring. Fantastic wine prizes will be up for grabs for the best photographs taken at De Krans during the two-day event with the winner walking away with their weight’s worth of wine.
- Browse at leisure through the farmer’s market at De Krans, which will be open to the public on the Saturday. Stock up on indigenous plants and trees, herbs, homemade products, freshly baked bread, as well as unique wines from other local boutique wine producers.
- Enjoy a Saturday filled with live music at De Krans by André Combrinck (10am – 5pm).
- Outdoor fun can lead to working up a healthy appetite and what better excuse than to enjoy a hearty country style meal in the comfort of the De Krans Bistro & Deli, which will be open throughout the weekend. Unfortunately no reservations will be taken on the day, so come early to avoid missing out on a delicious brunch or lunch.
- Wine and port tastings as well as the enjoyment of port cocktails add the final touches to what promises to be a weekend of fun and festivities, and the perfect excuse to refill your cellar for the festive season.
- A Spring inspired Champagne breakfast will be served on the Sunday, accompanied by live saxophone music – the perfect ending to a funfilled weekend. As seating is limited, pre-booking is strongly advised.
For more information and bookings contact Bessie Swanepoel at De Krans on 044 213 3314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.